|Ultimate Tensile Strength||90,000|
|Machinability and Weldability
Machinability is rated at 45% of B1112. Average cutting speed 75 ft/min. Easily welded by all commercial processes except forge or hammer welding. The resultant weld has good toughness and ductility. Annealing is recommended after forging to maintain maximum corrosion resistance. 304/304L can be forged between 2100Â°-2350Â° F. Do not forge below 1700Â° F
Weight Tolerances for Stainless Steel Angles
* For angles of 6 lbs/foot or less, the weight tolerance shall not exceed +/- 7-1/2%
* For angles over 6 lbs/foot, the weight tolerance shall not exceed +/- 4-1/2%
Length of Leg Tolerances for Stainless Steel Angles
* For angles having legs up to 6" inclusive, the length tolerance shall not exceed +/- .125"
* For angles having legs over 6", the length tolerances shall not exceed +3/16 / -.125"
Squareness of Leg Tolerance for Stainless Steel Angles
* The tolerance for the right angle between the legs is generally +/- 3Â° (degrees)
|ASTM A276, ASTM A479, AMS 5639|